All parents, carers, guardians and staff are automatically members of Wherwell School PTA and are welcome to attend meetings. Please don't be shy, we would love to see you there!
What does the PTA do?
Our motto is ‘Many Hands Make Light Work’ and we are always trying to encourage new parents to join us. You can be involved as much or as little as you like. We hold meetings every month, but we understand that sometimes it is hard to come to all of them. Therefore, you could take one project on board and make it your own or put your name forward to help with at least one activity during the year.
We are passionate about our school and helping the children be the best they can be. Over the years we have raised money to help the school in numerous ways and with the funds raised we have been able to:
- Refurbish the children’s kitchen including new appliances and accessories
- Refurbish the library including new furniture, librarian software, books and book covers
- Restore the school pond and its surroundings
- Pay for contractors to carry out safety work in our woodland
- Assist with the cost of coach travel for school trips, including to the Christmas pantomime
- Pay for additional equipment on the trim trail, including the KS1 Pirate Boat
- An outdoor classroom with all its electrics
- An interactive whiteboard for the computer suite
- A data projector and laptop for the school hall, benefitting class assemblies and meetings
- A digital camera for each classroom
- Listen 2 Me music programme for years 3 and 4 over the last 2 years
In addition we have paid for:
- Presents for the children at the Christmas parties
- An outdoor camera for the woodland
- Picnic benches
- Curriculum resources
- Sand and water play equipment and outdoor suits for Class 1
- Easy listening equipment
- Games markings on the playground
- Huff and Puff equipment and its storage unit
- Two maypoles, costumes and school bunting
- Commemorative medals and flags to celebrate the Queen’s Jubilee
- Plant pots to enhance the School’s entrance
- Class one gardening materials and fencing
- Bicycle rack
- A PTA news board to improve communication with parents and carers
- Chicken coop
- Bird food throughout the year
- Table tennis tables
As you can see, the PTA plays an important role in making our school a much more fun place for the children and their families. But we cannot do it alone. We need all the help that we can get to make every event a succesful one. We are extremely lucky to have so many parents and friends of the PTA who are generous with both their time and resources. This has enabled us to hold some really successful fundraising and non fundraising initiatives like:
- The Spring Fete
- Harewood Forest Run
- Curry and Quiz Night
- Film clubs
- Bags to School
- Class cake sales
- Summer BBQ
- Christmas Parties
The current members of the School PTA are:
Chairperson - Sarah Horne
Vice Chairperson - Louise Benning
Treasurer - Sanet Bircham
Secretary - Alexa Laryea
Staff Representative - Andy King
Governors Representative - Sean Hutton
Film Club - Ice Age 4 , 17th November 3-4:45 p.m.
Table top sale - Wherwell Home Guard Club , 18th November , 11:00 - 1:00 p.m.
PTA meeting - School Hall, 22nd November, 7:00 p.m.
Ladies Night - Clos du Marquis , 7:00 p.m.
Stockbridge Christmas Fair - 1st December , 4-7:30 p.m.
Bags to School - 26th Jan and 6th July 2018