"Differences were meant not to divide but to enrich."
Why do we learn RE?
- To promote the values and attitudes necessary for citizenship in a multi-faith and multi-racial society through developing understanding of, respect for, and dialogue with people of different beliefs, practices, races and cultures.
- To endeavour to promote a positive attitude towards people, respecting their right to hold different beliefs.
- To develop knowledge and understanding of the major religions (Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism and Islam) and of practices associated with worship, prayer and celebration. To understand how attitudes and behaviour are influenced by beliefs, values and commitments.
- To explore questions, meaning and purpose of spirituality.
- To be encouraged to ask questions about the world and to reflect on personal beliefs, values and experiences.